Thursday, November 27, 2008

Stealing a picture from a friend

Well it's Thanksgiving and I do believe we should all contemplate what we should be thankful for even if this holiday is a very romanticized version of the pilgrims dinner.

I'm not in my garden her but at the farmer's market with my favorite produce guy Rick James. Normally this market is on Saturdays, but every Wednesday before Thanksgiving they sell turkeys and I buy one, this year an 18 and a 1/2 pound one. This turkey came from a local farm, Kennedy Farms . I get the majority of meat I eat from them.

I hope that everyone out there has a good holiday and that you attempt to eat food from your local farmers and small businesses. A lot of this holiday to me is about all the great food sources that the new world brought to the rest of the world.

No comments: