Friday, May 21, 2010

Anticipation for Hummingbirds

I love hummingbirds.  They love certain flowers such as Brazilian sage, pictured is a bud.  for some reason they do this serpentine dance before they actually bloom.  It seems to take forever, but once they do they are spectacular.  Hummingbirds adore this flower.

Next is some anise hyssop.  This is either 'acapulco' or 'tequila sunrise'.  I honestly can't remember.  It's buds are straightforward.  Last year this plant was not very productive but this year it seems to have found it's stride.  If the cats aren't too bad I should see some hummers buzzing around this soon.
Here is 'hotlips' sage, now in it's 3rd year.  I have to winter this inside which is annoying so I let this plant's sister die.  Maybe I shouldn't have as the birds are loving this, though they are shy.  I've only seen them early in the morning.  Again I fear my cats make them wary.
And finally a tall snapdragon.  I haven't seen any birds around this but maybe...
I'll keep you posted.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: