Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sidewalk

My sidewalk is very lush. This 1st picture is my terrace which has filled out completely.
Next to it is my feral tomato. I am glad that it is a cherry tomato.
My yarrow is growing in well, and so are the weeds. Hrmph. Everyday, I weed it a little bit.
You may have noticed that I have let my garden spill out onto the sidewalk. Most pedestrians seem not to mind though some plants get a little trampled. It's not as bad as some hedges on my street.
The sidewalk makes some things easier. I don't have to search in the dirt for these seedpods.
One plant I have growing in various locations is nasturtiums. After a while they go to seed and when they do they tend to die out a bit and drop these seed pods. I might save some to plant next year. They are also edible if you pick them early enough.

I will let the seedpods dry out then break them open for the seeds inside. That'll be one less package of seeds for me to buy next year.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Just lovely. I like to think pedestrians get a thrill out of the plants as well.

Gabrielle Marsden said...

but they haven't been eating my cherry tomatoes!
in my old neighborhood they did.

I guess this street is more classy.