Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blogging annoyances

I don't understand how this works. I know some basic HTML and it's easy. You want things, pictures, words aligned left or right and whatever and you can do it.

This thing annoys the hell out of me. I want to arrange things outside the daily blog and I keep doing things guessing and the results are not what I want.

I uploaded a picture to picasa because if I upload it to this blog it makes a new blog entry and that's not what I always want. Then in picasa I have to think, "How do I find where this picture is actually hosted?

I guess I should stop bitching. If you see a picture of a lady holding some green feathery thing on the right, that's me holding a fennel plant I harvested in July of 2008. I'd love to post something more glamorous but I don't always photograph well. I have these illusions of myself.

Just for fun I'll post this photo of some paperwhite narcissus I am growing. Oh my god! The alignment command I typed in worked!

I love paperwhites because they are easy to grow and they keep things green and flowery when it is horrible outside. This image shows just 3 bulbs in this container. What I did is every 5 or so days put a new bulb in, which in theory means that they will bloom over an extended time period. This container has 7 bowls so that's stretching it by 5 weeks.

Anyway, as a rule, I want to post a picture with almost every post I do.

1 comment:

frazzledsugarplummum said...

I love paperwhites. Used to be a florist. I had some but an over enthusiastic somebody dug them up and threw them out. sigh