Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's almost spring

And I have started working on the garden.  It's mostly ugly so I don't like taking photos, vain gardener that I am.  So far I have seen honeybees scouting for flowers.  I felt bad that I only had 2 scattered crocuses blooming, which they did not seem to find.  I also saw my 1st ladybug, on of the asian variety, but a ladybug just the same.  I also found 3 praying mantis eggsacks.  I can't remember their technical name but if you click on the mantis label below, you'll find that word as well as mantis uh... reproduction.  My narcissus are sprouting too, including some thalia bulbs I planted which may or may not bloom well after being exhausted like that.

I have great aspirations for my garden but it's going to take a few weeks before it starts to look good again.

No comments: