Monday, September 28, 2009

Beet

I decided to harvest this bull's blood beet today. It's been growing since this spring. I don't know how tough it will be. In the background is my PG hydrangea.
I have let things get out of control. Tomatoes are like that. Yeah, that's my sidewalk. The bright red is my sidewalk crack love lies bleeding amaranth.
The usual suspect is lurking as usual. The other day I saw him devouring a squirrel. Shortly after that he gave me a hungry meow. He's getting fat and must be the most spoiled feral cat ever.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great garden, the more I look, the more I see. You must have everything in here.


altec bucket trucks

LindaM said...

You have a gorgeous space. I see that you also grew Love Lies Bleeding. I did that too at my community garden. You can see a pic here. http://rebelpigs.wordpress.com/2009/09/29/love-lies-bleeding/
I don't mean to come across like a spammer........
I love your blog! It really shows me how much can be done in an edible garden. You have a very very green thumb:)
Linda (aka tribal)

Gabrielle Marsden said...

Oh that's fine. I consider that 'cross pollinating'

forgive my joke, I am in the depths of winter.