Saturday, March 21, 2009

Salad Bowl

Remember my found homemade planter? I said I'd turn it into a salad bowl. So here it is all barren.


I've been trying to sprout my own lettuce but it's been slow going so I couldn't resist these romaine babies that are ready to go. I just cut slits in the felt and stuffed the seedlings in. I'd prefer more variety but it's early yet. These grow fast enough that I can eat them and replace them with something else later, plus I should be able to plant a lot more in here.


On top I thought I'd pop in some onion sets. This mixing spoon makes a fine dibble.


In goes the onion.


To make it more tidy I dibbled the rest before planting.


And that's it for now. Lettuce is very satisfying because it grows fast. I can't wait! Onions take longer I guess but I could just eat the greens. This is fun because you get to change it up whenever.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: